It's possible to track in-app purchase information and send info to Appodeal servers for analytics. It allows to group users by the fact of purchasing in-apps. This will help you to adjust the ads for such users or simply turn it off, if needed. To make this setting work correctly, please submit the purchase info via the Appodeal SDK.
Step 1. Validate in-app purchases
To make this setting work correctly, please submit the purchase info via Appodeal SDK.
Please make sure if you have created in-app product in Google Play Console → Monetize section to use:
- PlayStorePurchaseType.InApp for purchase type
- PlayStorePurchaseType.Subs for subscription
Please make sure if you have created in-app product in App Store Connect to use:
- AppStorePurchaseType.Consumable or AppStorePurchaseType.NonConsumable for purchase type,
- AppStorePurchaseType.AutoRenewableSubscription or AppStorePurchaseType.NonRenewingSubscription for subscription.
|purchaseType||Purchase type must be InApp or Subs||Adjust/AppsFlyer|
|publicKey||Public key from Google Developer Console.||AppsFlyer|
|signature||Transaction signature (returned from Google API when the purchase is completed).||Adjust/AppsFlyer|
|purchaseData||Product purchased in JSON format (returned from Google API when the purchase is completed).||AppsFlyer|
|purchaseToken||Product purchased token (returned from Google API when the purchase is completed).||Adjust|
|purchaseTimestamp||Product purchased timestamp (returned from Google API when the purchase is completed).||Adjust|
|developerPayload||Product purchased developer payload (returned from Google API when the purchase is completed).||Adjust|
|orderId||Product purchased unique order id for the transaction (returned from Google API when the purchase is completed).||Adjust|
|sku||Stock keeping unit id.||Adjust|
|price||In-app event revenue.||Adjust/AppsFlyer/Appodeal|
|currency||In-app event currency.||Adjust/AppsFlyer/Appodeal|
|additionalParameters||Additional parameters of the in-app event.|
|transactionId||some transaction id||Adjust/AppsFlyer|
|productId||some product id||Adjust/AppsFlyer|
All parameters are required for iOS.
Required parameters for Android:
Step 2. Generate json file in Google Cloud (Android only)
- Login to Google Cloud with your credentials.
Select Google Play Console Developer project on the top left corner as shown below.
Please make sure to select Google Play Console Developer project at this step instead of your exact app project. Google Play Console only allows to link Google Play Console Developer cloud projects (later on step 3).
- Select Credentials → Create Credentials → select Service Account.
- Select Viewer as a role for Service Account and press Done.
- Go to your service account and press keys → Add key → choose JSON → and send us the JSON file via email email@example.com or a live chat.
Step 3. Add required permissions in Google Play Console (Android only)
- Go to the Google Play Console and log in.
Go to Google Play Console->Manage developer accounts->Choose developer account-> Setup->API Access and choose your Google Play Console Developer project from step 2 where you have created your Service Account.
If you are not able to see Google Play Console Developer project in the list then please update the webpage.
If the issue persists, make sure that your Google Play developer account(email) is the owner of the Google Cloud project. You can read more here.
At the bottom there will be a list of service accounts that are available in this Google Cloud project. Select the one from which the JSON was sent.
Press Refresh if you are not able to see your Service Account.
- Press View Play Console permissions. In the App Permissions section select the necessary applications where in-app events will be used.
- Go to Account Permissions section and select all Financial Data permissions:
- View financial data
- Manage Orders and subscriptions.
Step 4. Contact us
After all completed steps contact our support team via email firstname.lastname@example.org or a live chat with the following information :
- Service account JSON file.(Android only)
- Purchases implementation logic in your app (when and where you call validate method and validate purchases).
- Send us the purchase testing access through Google Developer console to email email@example.com.(Android only)
- Your apk in zip for testing.(Android only)
- Allow us to test purchases in your app and send us the testflight to email firstname.lastname@example.org.(iOS only)