Thanks to in-app events, you can track user activity inside your app. You can keep track of events such as registration, passing levels, purchases, etc., as in-app events. The implementation of in-app events is mandatory for all post-install analysis purposes.
Types Of Events
In-app events can be divided into two categories:
- Basic in-app events are standard in-app events that help you understand user activity inside your app.
- Rich in-app events are the same as basic in-app events but let you get more detailed information about the event through a number of parameters. You will learn more about them in step 1.
Through parameters, you can send additional information about the event. For example, you can not only learn that app was opened but also the exact date and time.
You need to select the events that best suit your application.
For better navigation through reports, we recommend using the same event names in your app across all platforms.
Create all kinds of events with a maximum number of details that describe user actions in your application.
We recommend using only lower-case alpha-numeric characters (a-z and 0-9) for your in-app event names.
Step 1: How To Track In-app Events
Appodeal SDK allows you to send events to the following analytic services using a single method:
Event parameters can only be strings and numbers, they allow you to send additional information about the event in your app.
Step 2: Configure In-app Events
Some additional steps may be needed on the MMP side to complete events setup.
Appodeal Free Adjust Account
- If you want to send events to Adjust, contact our support team via email email@example.com or in the live chat and send us the list with event names.
Own Adjust Account
- Find your app in the dashboard and select your app options caret (^).
Select All Settings > Events.
Find the Create New Event label at the bottom of the module and enter your event name.
- Send us the token of each event specifying the event name( you can find the token right next to the event in All Settings > Events)
You also need to create some required SDK events presented below :
hs_sdk_purchase - in-app purchase was validated successfully
hs_sdk_unknown - unknown event
hs_sdk_purchase_error - in-app purchase wasn't validated, error occurred
Own Appsflyer Account
No additional steps are required