2.6.2 iOS SDK Integration Guide
Publishers need to pass the boolean consent flag(with 'false' meaning that the user declined to give the consent) to the
Appodeal.initialize() method of our SDK.
You can use our demo app as a reference project.
1. Prepare your app
Set up the following keys in info.plist of your app:
In order to serve ads, the SDK requires you to allow arbitrary loads.
1. Go to your info.plist file, then press Add+ anywhere in the first column of the key list.
2. Add App Transport Security Settingskey and set its type to Dictionary in the second column.
3. Press Add+ at the end of the name App Transport Security Settingskey and choose Allow Arbitrary loads. Set its type to Boolean and its value to Yes.
You can also add the key to your info.plist directly, using this code:4. In the info.plist file add GADApplicationIdentifier key (if you use APDGoogleAdMobAdapter).
5. Add identifier's String value.
2. Choose your integration type
Fat and CocoaPods 2.6.2 versions work in pure Obj-C, in pure Swift, in mixed Obj-C, Swift projects.
If your project is pure Objective-C project, you should add empty Swift file. For example
- iOS 9.0 or higher. You still can integrate the Appodeal SDK into a project with a lower value of minimum iOS version. On the devices that don’t support iOS 9.0+ our SDK will just be disabled.
- The Appodeal SDK is compatible with both ARC and non-ARC projects.
- Use XCode 9.0 or higher - without bitcode (with XCode 11+ bitcode is supported).
1. Podfile configuration
Since 2.6.2 all Appodeal adapters are explicit pods
2. Call pod install
$ pod install to install CocoaPods dependencies or
$ pod update to update. If you do not have an installed pod, Install CocoaPods to simplify dependency management
3. Known issues
1. AdColony presentation issue
AdColony always checks, if the key window’s
rootViewController matches the passed
rootViewController. Otherwise, Adcolony fails to present the ad. If your app has multiple independent windows, you can get a message with this or similar text:
UIViewControllerfor your app. Please ensure that your key
It means, that the
rootViewController that was used in
showAd, doesn't belong to the first window in the array.
2. GoogleMobileAds issue
GoogleMobileAds will play music during ad downloading, if someone wants to change UserAgent on their custom UserAgent. The issue was detected in v. 7.33.1. This problem has not appeared in newer versions of the Google SDK (starting with v. 7.35.0), but then ads almost stop filling.
Since GoogleMobileAds were updated to 7.42.0, you should add GADApplicationIdentifier in your's Info.plist. If you forget about it your application will fail with error:
4. Initialize SDK
Appodeal/Appodeal.h in AppDelegate.m and initialize the SDK:
The adTypesparameter is responsible for ad formats (ex.
consent is boolean, with 'false' meaning that the user declines to give the consent. Read our guide on collecting consent here.
Some of ad networks (eg Smaato, AmazonAd) can use IAB Consent framework
Appodeal SDK does not modify any CMP keys in
|IABConsent_CMPPresent||Boolean (true)||Set to true if a CMP implementing this specification is present in the application. Ideally set by the Publisher as soon as possible but can also be set by the CMP alternatively.|
|IABConsent_SubjectToGDPR||String 1 - (subject to GDPR), 0 - (not subject to GDPR), Nil - undetermined (default before initialization)||Aligns with IAB OpenRTB GDPR Advisory. Decided to be String, to have the uninitialized status.|
|IABConsent_ConsentString||Consent string as defined in "Cookie and vendor list format specification"||Aligns with IAB OpenRTB GDPR Advisory|
|IABConsent_ParsedPurposeConsents||String (of "0" and "1") where the character in position N indicates the consent status to purpose ID N as defined in the Global Vendor List.||String of consent given to enable simple checking. First character from the left being Purpose 1, ...|
|IABConsent_ParsedVendorConsents||String (of "0" and "1") where the character in position N indicates the consent status to vendor ID N as defined in the Global Vendor List.||String of consent given to enable simple checking. First character from the left being Vendor 1, ...|
Publish your app
Before submitting your app to the App Store, you need to check the following settings.
1. Update Your IDFA Settings
When you submit your application to the App you need to update its "Advertising Identifier (IDFA)" settings in order to comply with Apple advertising policy.
1. Go to the Advertising Identifier section.
2. Set Yes on the right panel.
3. Tick Serve advertisements within the app.
4. Tick confirmation box under Limit Ad tracking setting in iOS.
2. Add usage descriptions to info.plist
If your app gets rejected by the App Store due to missing usage descriptions, add them to your info.plist file: