Rewarded video - user-initiated ads where users can earn in-app rewards in exchange for viewing a video ad.
1. Display rewarded video
To display rewarded video, call the following code in the activity:
SDK can't show ads without a network connection!
Appodeal.show() returns a boolean value indicating whether the show method call was passed to the appropriate SDK.
2. Check if a rewarded video is loaded
3. Use rewarded video callbacks
4. Cache rewarded video manually
To disable automatic caching for rewarded videos, use the code below before the SDK initialization:To cache rewarded video, use:Read more on manual caching in our FAQ.
5. S2S rewarded video callbacks
5.1. Server-to-server (S2S) rewarded video callbacks
To secure your app's economy, we offer S2S reward callbacks. To validate each reward, you need to set up a callback URL on your server that will receive the reward information. Appodeal will pass the user data to your callback URL that you will need to validate and adjust the user balance accordingly.
1. Create the reward callback URL on your server that will receive the reward information.
2. Fill the created URL and the encryption key in the app settings in your dashboard.
3. The reward callback will be sent to your URL using GET request with two parameters:4. Your URL should decrypt the data and validate it.
impression_id for uniqueness and store it in your system to prevent the duplicate of transactions.
To set the user ID, use this method before the SDK initialization:
We offer sample scripts in Go, PHP, Ruby, Java, Node.js, Python 3, and C# to decrypt the data. If you need samples in other languages, please contact our support team and we will provide it to you.
Sample in PHP: reward.php.
Sample in Ruby: reward.rb.
Sample in Java: reward.java.
Sample in Node.js: reward.js.
Sample in Python 3: reward.py.
Sample in C#: reward.cs.
Sample in Go: reward.go.
5.2. Get reward data for placement
To get the reward data set for a specific placement use the following method before showing the rewarded video:This method returns Pair with the reward amount and the currency.
6. Check if the rewarded video was initialized
To check if the rewarded video was initialized, you can use the method:Returns
true, if the rewarded video was initialized.
7. Check if autocache is enabled for rewarded video
To check if autocache is enabled for rewarded video, you can use the method:Returns
true, if autocache is enabled for rewarded video.
8. Get predicted eCPM for rewarded video
To get the predicted eCPM from the next block in the caching queue, use the method:
This method is reasonable to use if manual caching of ads is enabled.
9. Mute videos if call volume is muted
You can mute the sound in a rewarded video using the method:
This method works if the user's device has silent mode or only vibration enabled.