Interstitial ads are full-screen advertisements.
In Appodeal, they are divided into two types - static interstitial and video interstitial.
Both types of ads are requested in parallel when caching and will be shown to be the most expensive of the two.
- Static interstitial - static full-screen banners.
- Video interstitial - these are videos that the user can close 5 seconds after the start of viewing.
1. Display interstitial
To display interstitial, you need to call the following code in the activity:
SDK can't show ads without a network connection!
Appodeal.show() returns a boolean value indicating whether the show method call was passed to the appropriate SDK.
2. Check if interstitial is loaded
3. Use interstitial callbacks
4. Cache ad manually
By default, auto caching is enabled: Appodeal SDK starts to load Interstitial right after the initialization method is called. The next interstitial ad starts to load after the previous one has been shown.
To disable automatic caching for interstitials, use the code below before SDK initialization:
To cache interstitial use:Read more on manual caching in our FAQ.
5. Check if interstitial was initialized
To check if interstitial was initialized, you can use the method:Returns
true, if the interstitial was initialized.
6. Check if autocache is enabled for interstitial
To check if autocache is enabled for interstitial, you can use the method:Returns
true, if autocache is enabled for interstitial.
7. Get predicted eCPM for interstitial
To get the predicted eCPM from the next block in the caching queue, use the method:
This method is reasonable to use if manual caching of ads is enabled.
8. Mute videos if call volume is muted
You can mute the sound in a video interstitial using the method:
This method works if the user's device has silent mode or only vibration enabled.