1. Enable test mode
Test mode allows you to show our test ads with 100% fillrate.Should be called before the SDK initialization.
2. Enable logging
To enable debug logging, use the code below:Logs will be written to logcat using the
Log.LogLevel.none- logs off;
Log.LogLevel.debug- debug messages;
Log.LogLevel.verbose- all SDK and ad network messages.
3. Disable networksYou can find all available networks in
Should be called before the SDK initialization.
4. Disable networks for specific ad typesExample:Should be called before the SDK initialization.
5. Request Android M permissions
To request "
WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" and "
ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION" permissions on Android M and higher, call the following method:
6. Disable location permission check
To disable toast message "ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION permission is missing", use the following method before the SDK initialization:
7. Disable write external storage permission check
To disable toast-messages "WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE permission is missing", use the following method before the SDK initialization:
8. Test third-party networks adapters integration
To start test activity for testing adapters integration, call:
9. Change Data Protection Regulation (GDPR, CCPA) consent status
1. Starting from version 2.7.0 you can use the Stack Consent Manager SDK to update the user's consent:
Read our implementation Stack Consent Manager guide here.2. If you don't want to use the Stack Content Manager SDK, you can use the old version to update the user's consent:You can use this method to provide the GDPR/CCPA user consent for ad networks in Appodeal SDK anywhere of your application. Appodeal SDK don't keep the GDPR/CCPA user consent between session, that means you should provide consent every time, otherwise, Appodeal SDK uses default or server value. By default consent value is
10. Disable data collection for kids apps
For purposes of the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), there is a setting in Appodeal SDK. As an app developer, you can indicate whether you want networks in Appodeal SDK to treat your content as child-directed when you make an ad request.The setting can be used with Appodeal SDK via:
true to indicate that you want your content treated as child-directed for purposes of COPPA
false to indicate that you don't want your content treated as child-directed for purposes of COPPA
null to indicate that you want to use the COPPA parameter from your application's settings on the appodeal.com
11. Check if ad type was initializedReturns
true, if the ad type was initialized.
12. Check if autocache is enabled for ad typeReturns
true, if auto cache is enabled for this ad type.
13. Mute videos if call volume is muted
14. Send extra data
You can send key-value data to Appodel. There is the predefined key
15. Get predicted eCPM by ad type
For all ad types excluding native ads:For native ad there is a method in NativeAd interface:
16. Enable Shared View Ads Instance Across Activities Logic
Starting from SDK 2.8.1 Appodeal SDK binds the View ads (Banner/MREC) to the Activity which was passed to the
To make it easier for you to manage View ads display logic across all Activities we added a new method in Appodeal class:
- When this method is used with the
trueparameter, the SDK will show AdView on all new activities without calling additional code from your side.
- If you want to control the display yourself, you can call the method with the
In the case, this parameter is
false, be careful with changing orientation or moving to a new activity, the banner will not be shown automatically, since it was bound to the previous activity.
If you want to hide the banner, you need to call the
Appodeal.hide() method with the parameters of the activity to which the banner was bound.
You can also check the current state of this logic. By default value is
17. Debug / Test mode via ADB
Starting from SDK 2.8.0 we've added new logic to enable test mode via ADB commands, which can be used with Debug and Release builds of apps
|Command for set |
|Command for enabling/disabling logs|
|Command for set logging level|
|Command for enabling |
|An array of strings, with comma divider (e.g - admob,unity_ads,...)||Command for set enabled ad networks|
.none. - is the default state for all commands and related parameters